Updated on Fri, 9 Dec, 2022 at 3:06 PM
After requesting your first Bit2Me card, whether physical or virtual, you must establish an alphanumeric secret code that will be requested when making online operations. With this, the Payment Services Directive 2 (PSD2) aims to improve the security and reduce the transaction fraud. This code is unique and will be associated with all your cards. Follow theses steps to set it up:
1. Go to the "Card' section on the app side menu.
2. You can start the secret code set-up process in two different ways:
2.1. Through the "set up secret code" button that you will see on the main screen in your card section.
2.2. Enter the general settings of your cards by the menu on the upper right corner of the screen. Select Create Secret Code". If you wish to change your code later, you can do it from this same section.
3. Regardless the option chosen above, the next step will be to introduce the code you will receive by SMS to the phone number associated in the app.
4. On the following screen, enter your phone number to verify your identity.
5. Finally, introduce the secret code you wish in order to finish the configuration. Remember that it must have at least 8 digits, upper and lower case letters and a number.
6. You will be informed with on-screen notification whether the process has been successful or not. If not successful, you need to repeat the previous steps.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback